What we did in class, today – Using the model effect essay, we reviewed how to write the introduction to an effect essay:
- Attention getting opening sentence(s) – quotation, anecdote, or explanation/statistic
- Background information – Focus on cause of the effects
- Thesis sentence – Includes topic, pattern of organization, and list of effects
Class video – The class was not recorded because the memory card was full.
- Complete your introduction and research examples for the body.
- Read at least three Empower3000 articles and do the corresponding Activities before midnight on Friday, March 21.
What we will do in class on Tuesday, March 18 – We will write the body of the paper and the conclusion in class.