What we did in class, today – We reviewed the guidelines for Essay 5 and discussed the following terms:
- claim (thesis that you are arguing)
- argument (the reason why your claim/thesis is true)
- evidence (the facts that support your arguments/reasons)
- counterargument (the opposition’s objection/reason why your thesis is wrong)
- refutation (your answer why the counterargument/objection is wrong)
Students were told that all information must come from the sites listed below and that the information must be paraphrased and cited.
Class video – There is no class video for today because I forgot the camera.
Bonus credit – Students who have read at least 10 Empower3000 articles and completed the Activities between March 29 and April 11 will receive bonus credit.
- Complete the graphic organizer before class on Thursday.
- Read at least three Empower3000 articles and complete the Activities before midnight on Friday, April 11.
What we will do in class on Thursday, April 10 – We will peer review each other’s graphic organizers and then begin writing Essay 5.