What we did in class, today – After I distributed the topics for Essay 3, we discussed how to write a “research question” to find articles for Essay 3. Students were then given time to search for articles for their essays. Once they had found their articles, they copied the URLs into a Word file and then wrote a simple outline.
Topic: Causes of having plastic surgery
Thesis: Low self-esteem, physical disfigurement, and self-image may lead people to undergo plastic surgery.
- The first cause of undergoing plastic is low self-esteem.
- An additional reason for undergoing plastic surgery is physical disfigurement.
- The final cause of undergoing plastic surgery is self-image.
Class video – The class video can be accessed in MyGUST.
- Bring a copy of your articles and outline to class on Monday, Nov. 3.
- Read at least three Achieve3000 articles and do the Activities before midnight on Friday, Oct. 31. At this point, you should have read 18 articles and completed the corresponding 18 Activities.
- If you have not read 18 Achieve3000 articles, read extra this week to catch up.
- If you did not do Vocabulary Quiz 1 (Sept. 22) in MyGUST, do so before the end of next week.
What we will do in class on Monday, Nov. 3 – We will begin learning how to write a cause essay and incorporating and citing evidence from articles.