What we did in class, today – After students received their Achieve3000 usernames and passwords, they took the diagnostic Levelset. Then, I demonstrated how to complete an Achieve3000 reading assignment.
- Go to your Achieve3000 mailbox.
- Click on one of the e-mails from Achieve3000.
- Click on the title of the article at the bottom of the message.
- Next, take the poll that appears.
- Click on “Article” and read the article.
- Once you have read the article, click on “Activity” and answer the questions.
If you did not finish the diagnostic today, log in to Achieve3000 before 8 p.m. tonight and complete the diagnostic. (The diagnostic is available from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.)
While students are allowed two attempts to answer questions correctly, GUST only records the grade for the first attempt. Each week, I will record the highest first marks for 3-4 readings. If you did not receive a 100 for each reading activity, you may read additional readings as long as they are completed before midnight on Friday.
- If you submitted your diagnostic essay to Turnitin, review my comments by clicking on “Grade” and then placing your cursor over the call-out.
- Read at least three Achieve3000 articles and complete the activities before midnight on Friday, Jan. 30.
What we will do in class on Wednesday, Jan 28 – We will begin the process of writing our first marked essay (comparison), so bring your laptop and a flash memory to class.