What we did in class, today – After reviewing the model essay, point-by-point method A outline, structure and development of a comparison introduction and body paragraphs, we wrote the rough draft of Essay 1. We used Plan A for the point-by-point organization. Students were free to choose the two things, persons, places, etc. they are comparing and contrasting as long as they are not submitting a paper they have previously written. Then, we posted it to Turnitin before the end of class. However, not everyone was able to submit due to problems with the Internet, so the deadline to submit to Turnitin has been extended to 5 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday, Jan. 29).
- Continue working on Essay 1. Use only your own words. Submit your rough draft to Turnitin before 5 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 29, if you have not already submitted it.
- Read at least three Achieve3000 articles and complete the activities before midnight on Friday, Jan. 30.
- Go to your Achieve3000 mailbox.
- Click on one of the e-mails from Achieve3000.
- Click on the title of the article at the bottom of the message.
- Next, take the poll that appears.
- Click on “Article” and read the article.
- Once you have read the article, click on “Activity” and answer the questions.
What we will do in class on Monday, Feb 2 – We will revise Essay 1 and work on our reading skills, so bring your laptop and a flash memory to class.