What we did in class, today – Today’s class will not meet, for I’m ill. Please remember that your one-paragraph summary of “Empty Oceans,” pp. 176-178 in the handout, must must be submitted to Turnitin before class, today. It must be written in the Essay Template, which can be downloaded here. Save your file as your name and Thought Question 2, e.g. Haithan – Thought Question 2.
- Read at least three Achieve3000 articles and do the corresponding Activities before midnight on Friday, March 27.
- Write an outline for your Essay 5. You must select one of the topics listed in the guidelines for Essay 5. This homework is due at the beginning of class on Monday, March 30. It will be marked. You outline must include the following information in sentence form:
- Thesis sentence: (copy the thesis that you have chosen from the guidelines for Essay 5).
- First argument (reason) why your thesis is correct.
- Second argument (reason) why your thesis is correct.
- Counterargument (reason) why your thesis is wrong.
What we will do in class on Monday, March 30 – We will use our outlines to write the first draft of Essay 5.