What we did in class, today – After we discussed the organization of a cause essay and that of an effect essay (p. 135), we did Activity 1 (p. 136) and Activity 2 (pp. 137-138). Then, we completed Activity 5 (p. 143). Afterwards, we practiced “speed writing,” using our outline on pp. 68-69.
- By Wednesday, Oct. 28, memorize the vocabulary on p. 142 and be able to use the words in sentences.
- Go to your Achieve3000 inbox. Open the message I sent you on Oct. 25. Read “Don’t Pass the Salt” and complete the activity. Also, do the thought question. However, disregard the directions for the thought question. What I want you to do is write a one-paragraph summary of the article. Your paragraph must include at least three sentences. Be sure to use your own words. The activity and thought question must be completed before 11:55 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 30.
- Choose any other two Achieve3000 articles, read them, and complete the activities before 11:55 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 30.
- If you have not written the Thought Question for “How Much for a Glass of Water or “Too Many Climbers,” complete them. I will deduct 10 marks for late work.
- If you have not submitted your process essay, bring your flash memory to me during my office hours so that I can upload it to Turnitin and mark it. Ten (10) marks will be deducted for late work.
What we will do in class on Wednesday, Oct. 28 – We continue discussing how to write a cause and effect essay (Unit 6) and write rapidly, as well as working on our reading skills.