What we did in class, today – After discussing the reading technique of using contextual clues to figure out meanings of words, students took the interactive Reading in Context Quiz. (This was graded.) Afterwards, the worked on Final Exam Reading Practice 1, which was for practice only.
Students who score at least 75 on 10 readings during the period Wednesday, Nov. 11, through Friday, Nov. 20, will receive 1/2% bonus credit. (The activities you complete this week will also count as your three assigned weekly reading activities.)
Final Exam Date, Time & Location
- Sections 6 & 12 – 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. in W3-201 on Saturday, Dec 26
- Section 11 – 11:00-1:00 in N3-202 on Saturday, Dec. 26
If there is a conflict with another exam, you must inform me as soon as possible.
This Thursday, Nov. 19, the English Department will host Movie Night. The movie is Everest, starring Emily Watson, Keira Knightley, Jason Clark, and Jake Gyllenhaal. See me about earning bonus credit for attending.
- Continue revising your cause / effect essay, which must be submitted to Turnitin no later than 11:55 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 19.
- Read three Achieve3000 articles of your choice and complete the activities for the two articles before 11:55 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20.
- Read pp. 162-174 and p. 234 in Great Writing: From Great Essays to Research before class on Monday, Nov. 23.
What we will do in class on Monday, Nov. 23 – We will begin learning to write an argumentative essay. Be sure to bring your laptop, flash memory, power cord, and earbuds.