What we did in class, today – During the first part of the hour, students read at least one Achieve3000 articles and completed the corresponding activity. Then, students took Reading Quiz 3.
I reminded students that the rough draft of Essay 3 (introduction, two claim paragraphs, counterargument/refutation paragraph, and reference page) must be submitted to Turnitin no later than 11:55 p.m., tomorrow, Thursday, Dec. 10.
Bonus credit opportunities
- Students who score 75 or above on 10 Achieve3000 articles will receive 1/2 percent bonus credit. The time period is from today, Dec. 7, until 11:55 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 18.
- Students who attend the English Department’s Music & Poetry event at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 16, in W1-010 will receive 1/2 percent bonus credit.
Final Exam Date, Time & Location
- Sections 6 & 12 – 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. in W3-201 on Saturday, Dec 26
- Section 11 – 11:00-1:00 in N3-202 on Saturday, Dec. 26
If there is a conflict with another exam, you must inform me as soon as possible.
- Continue revising and editing Essay 3. Submit it (introduction, two claim paragraphs, counterargument/refutation paragraph, and reference page) to Turnitin no later than 11:55 p.m., tomorrow, Thursday, Dec. 10.
- Read five Achieve3000 articles of your choice and complete the activities for thefive articles before 11:55 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 11.
What we will do in class on Monday, Dec. 14 – We will work finish editing our Essay 3 reference page. In addition, we will practice for the written section of the final exam.