What we did in class, today – Students completed three reading practices to prepare for the final exam.
Students were reminded that if they attended the English Department’s Music & Poetry event today at 12:30 p.m. in W1-010 will receive 1/2 percent bonus credit.
Bonus credit opportunity
- Students who score 75 or above on 10 Achieve3000 articles will receive 1/2 percent bonus credit. The time period is from today, Dec. 7, until 11:55 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 18.
Final Exam Date, Time & Location
- Sections 6 & 12 – 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. in W3-201 on Saturday, Dec 26
- Section 11 – 11:00-1:00 in N3-202 on Saturday, Dec. 26
If there is a conflict with another exam, you must inform me as soon as possible.
- Take the Achieve3000 post-diagnostic exam before class on Wednesday. If your reading level has increased at least one grade level, you will receive half a percent bonus credit.
- Continue revising and editing Essay 3. Submit it (introduction, two claim paragraphs, counterargument/refutation paragraph, conclusion, and reference page) to Turnitin no later than 11:55 p.m.on Thursday, Dec. 17.
- Read four Achieve3000 articles of your choice and complete the activities for the four articles before 11:55 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 18. Please note that Dec. 18 is the last date to make up any missing readings (Readings 22-40).
What we will do in class on Monday, Dec. 21 – We will work on our writing skills for the Accuplacer final exam.