What we did today – Students took Vocabulary Quiz 6.
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students who receive 75 or above on 10 Achieve3000 reading activities (first attempt) between March 12 and 11:59 p.m. on March 25 will earn 1/2% bonus credit.
- You may choose any three articles sent to your Achieve3000 in-box or you may use the Achieve3000 search engine to find articles. However, you must read three Achieve3000 articles and complete at least three Achieve3000 Activities AND one thought question before midnight on Friday, March 18.
- Vocabulary Quiz 7 will be in class on Thursday, March 24. Vocabulary Quiz 7 will include words from Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4 , Week 5, Week 6,Week 7, Week 8 and Week 9 vocabulary lists.
- Read “Giant Robot Battle,” “Giants of California” and “Inside Your Brain” and complete the activities or three articles of your choice with their activities. However, vocabulary for Vocabulary Quiz 7 will be drawn from “Giant Robot Battle,” “Giants of California” and “Inside Your Brain.” You must also complete the thought question for “Inside Your Brain.” Your three Achieve3000 articles and thought question must be completed before midnight on Friday, March 25.
What we will do in class on Sunday, March 20 – We will revise the rough draft of Essay 2, so be sure to bring your laptop, power cord and flash memory.