What we did today – I announced that there is a discrepancy between what I check your activities in Achieve3000 and what you see when you click on ‘My Learning’ and then on ‘Activities.’ For example, although Abdulaziz in Section 55 completed five activities on Thursday, the report I saw indicated he had not completed any activities. Therefore, you must check SIS for the past two weeks to ensure that the marks I’ve entered for Achieve3000 readings are correct. If you have any scores missing, take a screenshot of the ‘Activities’ page that shows your name, the name of the article, the date completed, and the first and second attempt scores. Then, send me the screenshot along with a message explaining the problem. Next, Ms. Rawan reviewed pp. 6-9 of Effect essay specific language and the Language of Cause and Effect. (These files are available in MyGUST.) Students were instructed to revise their papers accordingly before class on Sunday.
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students who receive 75 or above on 10 Achieve3000 reading activities (first attempt) between March 12 and 11:59 p.m. on March 25 will earn 1/2% bonus credit.
- Students who attend the Quiz Show on Wednesday, April 6, at 12:30-2:00 in N1-012 will receive bonus credit. Those students who participate in the event will receive 1% bonus credit.
- Read “Giant Robot Battle,” “Giants of California” and “Inside Your Brain” and complete the activities or three articles of your choice with their activities. However, vocabulary for Vocabulary Quiz 7 will be drawn from “Giant Robot Battle,” “Giants of California” and “Inside Your Brain.” You must also complete the thought question for “Inside Your Brain.” Your three Achieve3000 articles and thought question must be completed before midnight on Friday, March 25.
- Based on pp. 6-9 of Effect essay specific language and the Language of Cause and Effect, revise Essay 2 before class on Sunday, March 27.
What we will do in class on Sunday, March 27 – We will continue to revise the rough draft of Essay 2, so be sure to bring your laptop, power cord and flash memory. Before the end of class, we will submit our essays to Turnitin.