What we did today – It was announced that marks for Readings 25, 26, and 27, and Thought Question 4 are posted in SIS. (Please remember that, according to the syllabus, you have two days from today to bring to my attention any errors.) Students revised Paper 2 by combining sentences paying particular attention to appositives, participial phrases and absolute phrases. Students submitted their revisions to Turnitin before the end of class for an in-class work mark.
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students who attend the Quiz Show on Wednesday, April 6, at 12:30-2:00 in N1-012 will receive bonus credit. Those students who participate in the event will receive 1% bonus credit.
Final Exam – For the writing section, students will write a five-paragraph essay on an unannounced topic. The reading section is administered in class as the Achieve3000 post test.
- Section 8 – May 2 at 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 in N3-201
- Section 55 – May 2 at 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in N3-201
- Continue revising Paper 2, paying particular attention to combining sentences and using argumentative language. Paper 2 must be submitted to Turnitin before midnight on Thursday, March 31.
- Read “Social Media Helps” and two other Achieve3000 articles of your choice. Complete the activities for the three articles and complete the thought question for “Social Media Helps.” Your three Achieve3000 articles and thought question must be completed before midnight on Friday, April 1.
What we will do in class on Tuesday, March 29 – Students will continue revising their rough drafts of Paper 2, so they should be sure to bring their laptops, power cords and flash memories.