What we did today – I announced that students would need to use the search option in Achieve3000 to locate the assigned article “Social Media Helps” and two other Achieve3000 articles to read and complete the activities for this week since no new articles have been sent to their Achieve3000 in-boxes by the company. They were asked to check that the articles they choose have activities. They are to write a one-paragraph summary of “Social Media Helps.” Students used PeerMark in Turnitin to give feedback to one of their peers.
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students who attend the Quiz Show on Wednesday, April 6, at 12:30-2:00 in N1-012 will receive bonus credit. Those students who participate in the event will receive 1% bonus credit.
Final Exam – For the writing section, students will write a five-paragraph essay on an unannounced topic. The reading section is administered in class as the Achieve3000 post test.
- Section 8 – May 2 at 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 in N3-201
- Section 55 – May 2 at 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in N3-201
- Continue revising Paper 2, paying particular attention tocombining sentences and using argumentative language. Paper 2 must be submitted to Turnitin before midnight on Thursday, March 31.This will be for a grade.
- Read “Social Media Helps” and two other Achieve3000 articles of your choice. Complete the activities for the three articles and complete the thought question for “Social Media Helps.” Your three Achieve3000 articles and thought question must be completed before midnight on Friday, April 1.
What we will do in class on Thursday, March 31 – Students will submit Paper 2 to Turnitin and will work on their reading skills, so they should be sure to bring their laptops, power cords and flash memories.