What we did today – We discussed pp. 160-166 in Great Writing 5: Great Essays to Research. Then, we discussed Paper 3 Guidelines.
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students who attend the Quiz Show on Wednesday, April 6, at 12:30-2:00 in N1-012 will receive bonus credit. Those students who participate in the event will receive 1% bonus credit.
Final Exam – For the writing section, students will write a five-paragraph essay on an unannounced topic. The reading section is administered in class as the Achieve3000 post test.
- Section 8 – May 2 at 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 in N3-201
- Section 55 – May 2 at 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in N3-201
- Read “The Best Classroom” (pp. 167-169 in Great Writing 5: Great Essays to Research) and answer the questions on pp. 169-170 before class on Tuesday, April 5.
- Read “Dancing in the Water” and four other Achieve3000 articles of your choice. Complete the activities for the five articles and complete the thought question for “Dancing in the Water.” Your five Achieve3000 articles and thought question must be completed before midnight on Friday, April 8.
What we will do in class on Tuesday, April 5 – We will begin writing our the introduction to the argumentative paper, so be sure to bring your textbook, Great Writing 5: Great Essays to Research, and your laptop, flash memory and power cord.