What we did today – We reviewed the Essay 3 rubric. We revised and edited the introduction for Essay 3. Students will submit Essay 3 – containing the final draft of the introduction – to Turnitin before midnight tonight, Thursday, April 7.
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students who score 75 ≥ on their first attempt for 10 Achieve3000 activities completed between April 2 to 15 will receive a 1/2% bonus credit.
- For the reading section, students will take the Achieve3000 post-test on Tuesday, April 19.
- For the writing section, students will write a five-paragraph essay on an unannounced topic. Still will sit for the writing section on Monday, May 2, at the following times:
- Section 8 – May 2 at 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 in N3-201
- Section 55 – May 2 at 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in N3-201
- Submit Essay 3 to Turnitin before midnight tonight, Thursday, April 7. At this point, it will your introduction on the first page and your reference page on the second page.
- For this week, read “Dancing in the Water” and four other Achieve3000 articles of your choice. Complete the activities for the five articles and complete the thought question for “Dancing in the Water.” Your five Achieve3000 articles and thought question must be completed before midnight on Friday, April 8.
- Review pp. 167-174 in Great Writing 5: Great Essays to Research before class on Sunday, April 3.
- For next week, read five Achieve3000 articles of your choice. Complete the activities for the five articles before midnight on Friday, April 15.
What we will do in class on Sunday, April 10 – We will add the two claim paragraphs to Essay, which are due on Thursday, April 14.