What we did today – We reviewed how to write a counterargument/refutation paragraph (and pp. 173-174 in Great Writing 5) and students began the rough draft of this paragraph. Students were asked to refer to the ENGL 100 Essay 3 Rubric as they revise their papers.
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students who score 75 ≥ on their first attempt for 10 Achieve3000 activities completed between April 2 to 15 will receive a 1/2% bonus credit.
- For the reading section, students will take the Achieve3000 post-test on Tuesday, April 19.
- For the writing section, students will write a five-paragraph essay on an unannounced topic. Still will sit for the writing section on Monday, May 2, at the following times:
- Section 8 – May 2 at 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 in N3-201
- Section 55 – May 2 at 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in N3-201
- Read five Achieve3000 articles of your choice. Complete the activities for the five articles before midnight on Friday, April 15.
- Finish revising your introduction, two claim paragraphs, counterargument/refutation paragraph, conclusion, and reference page. Paper 3 will be submitted to Turnitin before 11:55 p.m. on Thursday, April 14.
What we will do in class on Thursday, April 14 – We will work on our conclusion.