What we did today – Based on file conclusion, students wrote their conclusions. Then, they revised their papers. Students were asked to refer to the ENGL 100 Essay 3 Rubric as they revise their papers.
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students who score 75 ≥ on their first attempt for 10 Achieve3000 activities completed between April 2 to 15 will receive a 1/2% bonus credit.
- For the reading section, students will take the reading part of the final exam on Tuesday, April 19. Students must take the test IN CLASS. Students who take the test outside class will not receive credit.
- For the writing section, students will write a five-paragraph essay on an unannounced topic. Still will sit for the writing section on Monday, May 2, at the following times:
- Section 8 – May 2 at 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 in N3-201
- Section 55 – May 2 at 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in N3-201
- Read five Achieve3000 articles of your choice. Complete the activities for the five articles before midnight on Friday, April 15.
- Finish revising your introduction, two claim paragraphs, counterargument/refutation paragraph, conclusion, and reference page. Paper 3 will be submitted to Turnitin before 11:55 p.m. on Thursday, April 14.
What we will do in class on Sunday, April 17 – We will practice “speed writing” so that we can write 600-800 words on the writing section of the final exam.