What we did today – Section 55: Dr. Hussain Sharoufi, developer of Academic Writing Wizard (AWW), explained how to use AWW. Section 8: We discussed how to earn bonus credit and the procedure for making up missing Achieve3000 readings.
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students may earn 1% bonus credit by using Academic Writing Wizard (AWW) to revise the papers shown below. Ms. Rawan in the Writing Lab is available to assist you. Be sure to take your bonus credit form with you. Click here for step-by-step instructions for using AWW. You can also view the step-by-step guidelines in the AWW Youtube video. The deadline for completion of the revision is Friday, April 28.
- ENGL 100 Section 8 – Paper 2 (Cause and Effect)
- ENGL 100 Section 55 – Paper 3 (Argumentative Paper) – Please note this is not in place of your submission of the Paper 3 final draft tonight, April 21. If Paper 3 is not submitted tonight, a mark of ‘0’ will be recorded in SIS.
Final Exam – For the writing section of the final exam, students will write a five-paragraph essay on an unannounced topic. Still will sit for the writing section on Monday, May 2, at the following times:
- Section 8 – May 2 at 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 in N3-201
- Section 55 – May 2 at 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in N3-201
- Submit Paper 3 to Turnitin before midnight tonight, April 21. It will now contain the introduction, two claim paragraphs, counterargument/refutation paragraph, conclusion and reference page. Note that all ideas that are NOT YOUR IDEAS must be cited in the text and on the reference page.
- Students who are missing Achieve3000 readings have until before midnight this Saturday, April 23, to make them up. Go into SIS and see which readings are missing. Once you’ve made them up, send me an e-mail stating which section you’re in and the specific readings you’ve made up, e.g. Reading 2, Reading 25, etc. Ten marks will be deducted from the first attempt score because these are late submissions. You may complete activities for unread articles in your Achieve3000 in-box or you may use the search engine to locate interesting articles with activities.
What we will do in class on Sunday, April 24 – Section 55: We will practice speed writing to prepare for the final exam, so be sure to bring your laptop and power cord. Section 8: Dr. Hussain Sharoufi will explain how to use Academic Writing Wizard.