What we did today – We reviewed the importance of using argumentative language when writing the final exam because it will be marked by a computer. (Importance of language and length on final is available here and in MyGUST.) Section 8: Near the end of class, Dr. Hussain Sharoufi, developer of Academic Writing Wizard (AWW), explained how to use AWW.
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students may earn 1% bonus credit by using Academic Writing Wizard (AWW) to revise the papers shown below. Ms. Rawan in the Writing Lab is available to assist you. Be sure to take your bonus credit form with you. Click here for step-by-step instructions for using AWW. You can also view the step-by-step guidelines in the AWW Youtube video. The deadline for completion of the revision is Friday, April 28.
- ENGL 100 Section 8 – Paper 2 (Cause and Effect)
- ENGL 100 Section 55 – Paper 3 (Argumentative Paper) – Please note this is not in place of your submission of the Paper 3 final draft tonight, April 21. If Paper 3 is not submitted tonight, a mark of ‘0’ will be recorded in SIS.
Final Exam – For the writing section of the final exam, students will write a five-paragraph essay on an unannounced topic. Still will sit for the writing section on Monday, May 2, at the following times:
- Section 8 – May 2 at 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 in N3-201
- Section 55 – May 2 at 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in N3-201
What we will do in class on Tuesday, April 26 – Students will practice speed writing.