What we did in class, today – We reviewed how to write a conclusion (pp. 23-26 in Great Essays 5) and, as groups, completed Activity 15 (p. 24 in Great Essays 5).
- For each 30-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab (N2-103) located on the first floor of the GUST Library, you will receive 0.5% extra credit per tutoring session if you stay the entire 30 minutes and if you work sincerely. You may receive tutoring with your writing assignments and Achieve3000 thought questions. To receive help with your writing assignments, you must bring a soft (electronic) copy of your rough draft on a flash memory as well as a hard (photocopy) copy of the rough draft. The maximum extra credit you can earn is 5%. Your participation must be documented on the Bonus Credit Form.
- Reading contest 1 – The contest covers the time period from Sunday, Sept 25, through Friday, Oct 7. This is for 0.5% extra credit. To receive credit, you must score 75 or above on Activities for 10 Achieve3000 articles. Only first attempt scores will count.
- Complete Activity 16 (pp. 25-26 in Great Essays 5) before class on Thursday, Sept. 29.
- Learn the vocabulary in Unit 1 before Thursday, Sept 29.
- Read and complete the Activity for Achieve3000 article “Stronger than Steel” before class on Thursday, Sept 29.
- Read and complete the Activities for Achieve3000 articles “Point and Read” and “Tiny Animals, Big Problem” before midnight on Friday, Sept 30. If your first-attempt scores are less than 75, you can read extra Achieve3000 articles before the deadline, and I will record the highest top three first attempts.
What we will do in class on Thursday, Sept 29 – We will do a vocabulary activity as well as a writing activity.