What we did in class today – Students wrote the introduction to their cause or effect essay and submitted their essay to Turnitin before the end of class.
- Read three Achieve3000 articles of your choice and complete the Activities before midnight on Friday, Nov. 25.
- Before class on Tuesday, read “How Weather Has Changed World History” (pp. 139-141 in Great Writing 5) and complete the Post-Reading exercise (pp. 141-142 in Great Writing 5) and Activity 5 (pp. 143 in Great Writing 5).
Final Exam – Section 6 students will sit for the final reading exam on Sunday, Dec. 18, during their regular class time.They will take the writing final exam on Tuesday, Dec. 20, at 10 a.m. in N2-102. The time limit is 60 minutes. .
- Reading contest 5 – The contest covers the time period from Saturday, Nov. 19, through Friday, Dec 2. This is for 0.5% extra credit. To receive credit, you must score 75 or above on Activities for 10 Achieve3000 articles. Only first attempt scores will count.
- Attend Musical Poetry on Wednesday, November 23, at 12:30-1:50 in W6-500. Write a summary of the event. This is for 0.5% extra credit.
- Attend Dr. Mai Al Nakib’s talk Anonymity in an Age of Disclosure: Musings on Privacy and Publicity on Wednesday, November 30, at 12:30 in W1-010. Write a summary of the event. This is for 0.5% extra credit.
- Participate in a poetry writing workshop, December 7, at 12:30 in W1-010. This is for 0.5% extra credit.
- For each 30-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab (N2-103) located on the first floor of the GUST Library, you will receive 0.5% extra credit per tutoring session if you stay the entire 30 minutes and if you work sincerely. You may receive tutoring with your writing assignments and Achieve3000 thought questions. To receive help with your writing assignments, you must bring a soft (electronic) copy of your rough draft on a flash memory as well as a hard (photocopy) copy of the rough draft. The maximum extra credit you can earn is 5%. Your participation must be documented on the Bonus Credit Form.
What we will do in class on Tuesday, Nov 22 – We will write the body of our essay.