What we did in class today – Because Achieve3000 would not cooperate, we gave up on the diagnostic test. Instead, we worked on learning the language of argument and the use of transitions to improve our scores on the essay we wrote in class on Tuesday.
- Before class on Tuesday, go in and edit your essay from Tuesday by adding transitions and words from the language of argument and from the argument terms list. Then, resubmit your edited essay to Paper Rater.
- Review p. 55 in Great Writing 5 to review how to cite your in-text citations. Also, watch Using APa style for references and citations to see how to cite your references and citations.
- Continue to revise and edit your cause or effect essay (Essay 2). The final draft of Essay 2 will be submitted to Turnitin in class on Thursday, December 15.
Final Exam – Section 6 students will sit for the final reading exam on Sunday, Dec. 18, during their regular class time. They will take the writing final exam on Tuesday, Dec. 20, at 10 a.m. in N2-102. The time limit is 60 minutes.
- Attend the Marketing Club seminar on Dec. 13 for 0.5% extra credit. You must sign the attendance sheet and write a one-paragraph summary of the seminar. The summary is due in class on Dec. 15.
- For each 30-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab (N2-103) located on the first floor of the GUST Library, you will receive 0.5% extra credit per tutoring session if you stay the entire 30 minutes and if you work sincerely. You may receive tutoring with your writing assignments and Achieve3000 thought questions. To receive help with your writing assignments, you must bring a soft (electronic) copy of your rough draft on a flash memory as well as a hard (photocopy) copy of the rough draft. The maximum extra credit you can earn is 5%. Your participation must be documented on the Bonus Credit Form. The Bonus Credit form is due no later than classtime on Thursday, December 15.
What we will do in class on Tuesday, Dec 13– Students will practice for the writing section of the final exam, so be sure to bring your laptop along with the file containing your practice essay we completed in class on Thursday, December 8.