What we did in class, today – I demonstrated how to edit the descriptive process essay using SpellCheck and Paper Rater and by proofreading. Afterwards, students edited their own papers and then submitted them to Turnitin. This paper is worth 10% of the course grade.
Opportunity to earn bonus credit
- Students can earn bonus credit for their Achieve3000 activities by doing the following: Between March 13 and before midnight on March 29, they must score at least 75 or above on 10 Achieve3000 activities. Only the marks for the first attempt will count.
- Enter the Edible Books Contest for Literacy Day, April 12. Contestants should submit a cake decorated like their favorite book.
- Submit a poem or short story for the English Department’s online magazine E-Muse. The submission must be before April 15.
Link to YouTube video for what we did today – The link for today’s video can be found in MyGUST for the Week of March 12-16.
- Before midnight tonight, complete the Activity for “Save Our Coral” in Achieve3000 if you haven’t already done so. You can find the article by going to your Achieve in-box. There, you will find a message from me assigning this article. Click on the link at the bottom of the message and go to the Activity.
- Read and complete the Activity for two Achieve3000 articles of your choice before midnight tonight.
What we will do in class on Monday, March 20 – Students will take the midterm reading exam. They will also practice for the midterm essay exam.