What we did in class, today – Students took the midterm writing exam.
Opportunity to earn bonus credit
- Students can earn bonus credit for their Achieve3000 activities by doing the following: Between March 13 and before midnight on March 29, they must score at least 75 or above on 10 Achieve3000 activities. Only the marks for the first attempt will count.
- Enter the Edible Books Contest for Literacy Day, April 12. Contestants should submit a cake decorated like their favorite book.
- Submit a poem or short story for the English Department’s online magazine E-Muse. The submission must be before April 15.
- Go to the Writing Lab (1st floor in the Library) and receive help with your writing. You earn 1/2% bonus credit for each half-hour of tutoring (up to 5%). Ms. Rawan and Ms. Bushra will help students who bring their work saved to their flash memories.
Link to YouTube video for what we did today – The link for today’s video can be found in MyGUST for the Week of March 19-25.
Moodle Mobile app – This app for iPhones and androids enables you to get into MyGUST even when the site is down. Choose the orange Moodle Mobile app.
- Read and complete the Activity for three Achieve3000 articles of your choice before midnight on Saturday, March 24.
- Read pp. 132-148 in Great Writing 5 Chapter 6 before Monday, March 27.
What we will do in class on Monday, March 27 – We will begin the cause and effect essay.