What we did in class, today – Students read two Achieve3000 articles and completed the corresponding activities.
Links to YouTube videos of what we have done in class this week – There was no video for today’s class.
Moodle Mobile app – This app for iPhones and androids enables you to get into MyGUST even when the site is down. Choose the orange Moodle Mobile app.
Opportunity to earn bonus credit
- Enter the Edible Books Contest for Literacy Day, April 12. Contestants should submit a cake decorated like their favorite book. (Click on International Edible Books Festival for more information.)
- Help with the Story Hour on Literacy Day. Storybook readers and a parade leader are needed.
- Submit a poem or short story for the English Department’s online magazine E-Muse. The submission must be before April 15.
- Go to the Writing Lab (1st floor in the Library) for at least 30 minutes of tutoring. For each 30 minutes of tutoring, you earn 1/2 percent of bonus credit, up to 5% bonus credit.
- Review pp. 132-148 in Great Writing 5 (Unit 6: Cause and Effect) before class on Wednesday, March 29.
- Read the Achieve3000 article “Social Media Helps,” which is in your Achieve3000 inbox. Complete the corresponding Activity and Thought Question before midnight on Friday, March 31. When completing the Thought Question, be sure to use your own words.
What we will do in class on Wednesday, March 29 – We will begin working on our cause and effect essays.