- Students can earn bonus credit for their Achieve3000 activities by doing the following: Between April 1 and before midnight on April 15, they must score at least 75 or above on 10 Achieve3000 activities. Only the marks for the first attempt will count.
- Enter the Edible Books Contest for Literacy Day, April 12. Contestants should submit a cake decorated like their favorite book. (Click on International Edible Books Festival for more information.) Click on Ideas for Cakes for Edible Books Contest on April 12 to see some ideas for Edible Book cakes.
- Help with the Story Hour on Literacy Day on Wednesday, April 12.
- Donate five children’s storybooks in Arabic during the week of April 9-13. These books will be shipped to Jordan for Syrian refugee children.
- Submit a poem or short story for the English Department’s online magazine E-Muse. The submission must be before April 15.
- Go to the Writing Lab (1st floor in the Library) for at least 30 minutes of tutoring. For each 30 minutes of tutoring, you earn 1/2 percent of bonus credit, up to 5% bonus credit.
Homework – If you have not completed four Achieve3000 articles and Activities of your choice for this week, be sure to do so before midnight on Friday, April 14.
What we will do in class on Wednesday, April 12 – We will read several Achieve3000 articles and complete the corresponding activities.