What we did in class, today – Students wrote a timed diagnostic essay and submitted it to Turnitin in MyGUST. This essay was NOT for a mark. It was so that I can see how students write so that I’ll know what to concentrate on when teaching writing. After writing the diagnostic essay, those students who had purchased their registration codes stayed so that I could help them register for Pearson MySkillsLab.
Homework – Register for Pearson MySkillsLab before class on Sunday, Sept. 17.
- You need to purchase the registration code from GUST’s bookstore.
- You MUST use Chrome.
- Then, go to MyGUST and click on the link “MyLab & Mastering Tools – FOR REGISTRATION ONLY.”
- Next, be sure to allow pop ups; otherwise, you won’t be able to register for MySkillsLab.
- Now, click on the yellow rectangle that says “Open MyLab&Mastering.”
- If you already have a Pearson’s account, log in. If not, create an account.
- Once you have logged into Pearson, you’ll be given the option of entering your registration code from the GUST bookstore or paying by credit card.
What we will do in class on Sunday, Sept. 17 – Using MySkillsLab, we will be working on our reading and writing skills. You must bring your laptop and flash memory with you to class. Please note that you will not be allowed to leave the classroom to retrieve your laptop if you forget it.