Course Grades – Your marks are up to date in MyGUST. Remember that you must have a course grade of C- or above to advance to ENGL 110. If you have a D or F, please see me during my office hours.
Bonus credit opportunities
- Students are encouraged to enter the English Club’s writing contest. They can receive 1% bonus credit if their story is accepted by the Club. (See the picture to the left for further details.)
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them, but only Ms. Bushra or Ms. Fajer may tutor them for bonus credit.
- The English Department will host Musical Poetry on Monday, Dec. 4, at 12:30. Students who attend, stay for the entire performance, and write a paragraph explaining which poem was their favorite and why will receive 1/2 percent bonus credit. Students who perform will receive 2%.
- Complete RW3.4 Apply and RW3.4 Write Drafting (number 14) before 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1.
- If you did not complete RW3.4 Recall 1, RW3.4 Recall 2, and RW3.4 Apply: Model Document in class today, finish them before 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1.
What we will do in class on Wednesday, Nov. 1 – We will discuss revising sentences and words in the body of our essay on the environment. Also, we will take RW3.4 Post-Test.