What we did in class, today – During the first 50 minutes of class, students wrote Essay 1 (the midterm exam). Then they took RW3.7 Post-Test.
Bonus credit opportunities
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them, but only Ms. Bushra or Ms. Fajer may tutor them for bonus credit.
- The English Department will host Musical Poetry on Monday, Dec. 4, at 12:30. Students who attend, stay for the entire performance, and write a paragraph explaining which poem was their favorite and why will receive 1/2 percent bonus credit. Students who perform will receive 2%.
- Before 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 15, complete RW3.7 Overview, RW3.7 Model, RW3.7 Animation, RW3.7 Recall, RW3.7 Practice 1, and RW3.7 Practice 2. (Because students have reported being unable to access RW3.7 Practice 3, I have cancelled it as an assignment.)
- Read “E-Waste and E-Waste Recycling” (pp. 183-184 in the MySkillsLab e-reader) before Monday, Nov. 20.
- Review pp. 195-202 (comparison and contrast) in the MySkillsLab e-reader.
What we will do in class on Monday, Nov. 20 – We will focus on the rhetorical pattern of comparison and contrast in Chapter 6 (Organization: Additional Patterns) in the MySkillsLab e-reader.