What we did in class, today – Class began with a review of how the overall MySkillsLab mark (the one shown in MyGUST) is calculated. We discussed topics for comparison essays and completed Activity 1 (p. 107) and Activity 2 (p. 108) in the handout. Then, we discussed writing strong thesis statements for comparison essays (p. 115) in the handout as well as discussing model comparison essay sentences. Finally, we took Ch. 6 Post-Test.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them, but only Ms. Bushra or Ms. Fajer may tutor them for bonus credit.
- The English Department will host Musical Poetry on Monday, Dec. 4, at 12:30. Students who attend, stay for the entire performance, and write a paragraph explaining which poem was their favorite and why will receive 1/2 percent bonus credit. Students who perform will receive 2%.
- Read “Online and Face-to-Face Learning in the Digital Age” on pp. 109-111 in the handout before class on Sunday, Nov. 26.
- Complete Activity 7 (pp. 116-117) in the handout before class on Sunday, Nov. 26
- Complete Activity 13 (p. 123) in the handout before class on Sunday, Nov. 26.
- Memorize model comparison essay sentences before class on Sunday, Nov. 26.
What we will do in class on Sunday, Nov. 26 – Students will review the homework and continue working on how to write a comparison essay.