What we did in class, today – Students who had been unable to submit ‘A Learning Experience’ in Writing Practice in MySkillsLab were instructed to write and submit it before midnight, tonight. They were also asked to let me know by Tuesday of any other assignments they had been unable to access in MySkillsLab. Next, I collected students’ homework. Then, using the model comparison essay sentences, students wrote a practice comparison or contrast introduction and first body paragraph on the topic they had chosen for Activity 2 (p. 108 in the handout) on Thursday. They submitted it to ‘Practice Comparison or Contrast Introduction and 1st Body Paragraph’ in MyGUST under the week of 26 November – 2 December.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them, but only Ms. Bushra or Ms. Fajer may tutor them for bonus credit.
- The English Department will host Musical Poetry on Monday, Dec. 4, at 12:30. Students who attend, stay for the entire performance, and write a paragraph explaining which poem was their favorite and why will receive 1/2 percent bonus credit. Students who perform will receive 2%.
- If you have not completed and submitted ‘Learning Experience’ in Writing Practice in MySkillsLab, do so before 11:59 p.m., tonight, Nov. 26.
- Let me know by Tuesday if there were any MySkillsLab assignments that you have not been able to access.
- Memorize model comparison essay sentences before class on Tuesday, Nov. 28.
What we will do in class on Tuesday, Nov. 28 – Students will write an essay in MySkillsLab Writing Practice, so they should be sure to bring their laptop, flash memory, and power cord.