What we did in class, today – We discussed how to write a response essay.
- Students who participate as part of a Quiz Show team on Wednesday, March 7, will earn bonus credit. To enter your team, contact Mr. John Ablorh (ablorh.j@ ) no later than the 21st of February.
- Enter the Edible Books contest on the 11th of April to earn bonus credit.
- Earn bonus credit by submitting your original poem or short story to e-Muse no later than the 30th of April.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them, but only Ms. Bushra may tutor them for bonus credit.
- Memorize the steps for how to write a response essay before class on Thursday.
- Be sure you have read ‘Secrets for Surviving in College’ and are familiar enough with its contents that you could write a summary of it.
- If you have not already done so, complete RW3.1 Recall 1, RW 3.1 Recall 2, RW3.1 Apply Model Document, and RW3.1 Write Drafting in MySkillsLab.
What we will do in class on Thursday, Feb 1 – Students will write a response essay on an unannounced topic related to ‘Secrets for Surviving in College’.