What we did in class, today – It was announced that MySkillsLab post-tests and quizzes must be done in class and cannot be made up. Students wrote in-class Response Essay 1, which is worth 2.5% of the course grade. The Response Essay Rubric will be used to mark it.
- Students who participate as part of a Quiz Show team on Wednesday, March 7, will earn bonus credit. To enter your team, contact Mr. John Ablorh (ablorh.j@ ) no later than the 21st of February.
- Enter the Edible Books contest on the 11th of April to earn bonus credit.
- Earn bonus credit by submitting your original poem or short story to e-Muse no later than the 30th of April.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them, but only Ms. Bushra may tutor them for bonus credit.
Homework – Complete the assignments in MySkillsLab for Reading and Writing Skills 3.2 before midnight on Wednesday, Feb. 7. These include the following:
- RW3.2 Overview
- RW3.2 Animation
- RW3.2 Recall 1 and 2
- RW3.2 Apply: Model Document
- RW3.2 Apply
- RW3.2 Write Drafting
What we will do in class on Sunday, Feb 4 – Students will begin learning to write a cause and effect essay introduction.