What we did in class, today – It was announced that MySkillsLab marks and Response Essay 1 marks are in MyGUST. Students wanting to discuss their Response Essay 1 work should see me during my office hours (1:00-1:50, Sunday through Thursday). We worked on pp. 134 -138 of the handout. For homework, students were asked to underline the sentences describing the cause and the sentences identifying the effects in the reading ‘How Weather Has Changed World History’ (pp. 139-141 in the handout distributed in today’s class). They were also asked to be thinking of a cause or effect topic about which to write their practice cause or effect essay.
- Students who participate as part of a Quiz Show team on Wednesday, March 7, will earn bonus credit. To enter your team, contact Mr. John Ablorh (ablorh.j@ ) no later than the 21st of February.
- Enter the Edible Books contest on the 11th of April to earn bonus credit.
- Earn bonus credit by submitting your original poem or short story to e-Muse no later than the 30th of April.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them, but only Ms. Bushra may tutor them for bonus credit.
- Underline the sentences describing the cause and the sentences identifying the effects in the reading ‘How Weather Has Changed World History’ (pp. 139-141 in the handout distributed in today’s class). You should be ready to discuss your selections in class on Tuesday.
- Complete the assignments in MySkillsLab for Reading and Writing Skills 3.2 before midnight on Wednesday, Feb. 7. These include the following: RW3.2 Overview, RW3.2 Animation, RW3.2 Recall 1 and 2, RW3.2 Apply: Model Document, RW3.2 Apply, and RW3.2 Write Drafting.
What we will do in class on Tuesday, Feb 6 – We will continue working on writing a cause and effect essay, with special emphasis on writing a cause and effect essay introduction.