What we did in class, today – We identified the sentences describing the cause and the sentences identifying the effects in the reading ‘How Weather Has Changed World History’ (pp. 139-141 in the handout distributed in today’s class). Afterwards, we answered the questions on pp. 141-142 and then analyzed the organization of the reading (p. 143 of the handout). Finally, we discussed how to write a cause essay.
- Students who participate as part of a Quiz Show team on Wednesday, March 7, will earn bonus credit. To enter your team, contact Mr. John Ablorh (ablorh.j@ ) no later than the 21st of February.
- Enter the Edible Books contest on the 11th of April to earn bonus credit.
- Earn bonus credit by submitting your original poem or short story to e-Muse no later than the 30th of April.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them, but only Ms. Bushra may tutor them for bonus credit.
- Complete the assignments in MySkillsLab for Reading and Writing Skills 3.2 before midnight on Wednesday, Feb. 7. These include the following: RW3.2 Overview, RW3.2 Animation, RW3.2 Recall 1 and 2, RW3.2 Apply: Model Document, RW3.2 Apply, and RW3.2 Write Drafting.
- If you do not have a Gmail account, open one before class on Thursday, Feb. 8. Click here to open a Gmail account.
What we will do in class on Thursday, Feb 8 – We will practice writing the thesis sentence, three topic sentences for the body paragraphs, and a topic sentence for the conclusion and take RW3.2 post-test, which must be taken in class for credit.