What we did in class, today – It was announced that all marks have been posted in MyGUST, so students should check their course grade. Using Google docs, students practiced writing a thesis sentence, three topic sentences for the body paragraphs, and a topic sentence for the conclusion for several random cause and effect topics. Afterwards, students took RW3.2 post-test, which had to be taken in class for credit.
- Students who participate as part of a Quiz Show team on Wednesday, March 7, will earn bonus credit. To enter your team, contact Mr. John Ablorh (ablorh.j@ ) no later than the 21st of February.
- Enter the Edible Books contest on the 11th of April to earn bonus credit.
- Earn bonus credit by submitting your original poem or short story to e-Muse no later than the 30th of April.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them, but only Ms. Bushra may tutor them for bonus credit.
- If you do not have a Gmail account, open one before class on Thursday, Feb. 8. Click here to open a Gmail account.
- Read Theme 4 Reading 3, ‘Students Vulnerable to Computer Gaming Addiction’, before class on Sunday, Feb. 11. There will be a quiz over it.
What we will do in class on Sunday, Feb 11 – Students will take MySkillsLab Theme 4 Reading 3 Post-test.