What we did in class, today – After discussing ‘Students Vulnerable to Computer Gaming Addiction’, students took MySkillsLab Theme 4 Reading 3 Post-test.
- Students who participate as part of a Quiz Show team on Wednesday, March 7, will earn bonus credit. To enter your team, contact Mr. John Ablorh (ablorh.j@ ) no later than the 21st of February.
- Enter the Edible Books contest on the 11th of April to earn bonus credit.
- Earn bonus credit by submitting your original poem or short story to e-Muse no later than the 30th of April.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them, but only Ms. Bushra may tutor them for bonus credit.
- If you do not have a Gmail account, open one before class on Tuesday, Feb. 13. Click here to open a Gmail account.
- Review the two assigned readings: ‘Secrets for Surviving College and Improving Your Grade’ and ‘Students Vulnerable to Computer Gaming Addiction’. Response Essay 2 (Thursday, Feb. 15) will be related to some topic suggested by one of these articles.
- Complete MySkillsLab Reading and Writing Skills RW3.3 Overview, RW3.3 Animation, RW3.3 Recall 1, RW3.3 Recall 2, RW3.3 Apply: Model Document, RW3.3 Apply, and RW3.3 Write Drafting before midnight on Wednesday, Feb. 21.
What we will do in class on Tuesday, Feb 13 – Students will practice speed writing in order to prepare for Response Essay 2, which is scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 15.