What we did in class, today – Students were asked to check their course grades in MyGUST. Afterwards, they practiced for Response Essay 2.
- Students who participate as part of a Quiz Show team on Wednesday, March 7, will earn bonus credit. To enter your team, contact Mr. John Ablorh (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than the 21st of February.
- Enter the Edible Books contest on the 11th of April to earn bonus credit.
- Earn bonus credit by submitting your original poem or short story to e-Muse no later than the 30th of April.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them.
- Review the two assigned readings: ‘Secrets for Surviving College and Improving Your Grade’ and ‘Students Vulnerable to Computer Gaming Addiction’. Response Essay 2 (Thursday, Feb. 15) will be related to some topic suggested by one of these articles.
- Complete MySkillsLab Reading and Writing Skills RW3.3 Overview, RW3.3 Animation, RW3.3 Recall 1, RW3.3 Recall 2, RW3.3 Apply: Model Document, RW3.3 Apply, and RW3.3 Write Drafting before midnight on Wednesday, Feb. 21.
What we will do in class on Thursday, Feb. 15 – Students will write Response Essay 2. The writing prompt will be related to some topic suggested by the two assigned readings: ‘Secrets for Surviving College and Improving Your Grade’ and ‘Students Vulnerable to Computer Gaming Addiction’.