What we did in class, today – It was announced that the midterm essays have been marked. Students should click on the rubric icon to see the marks each part of their essays received. I strongly encouraged students to come for extra help for their writing. My office hours are 1:00-1:50 each weekday in W1-170. Students were asked to check their course grade in MyGUST.
Students viewed the Overview and Animations 1 and 2 for MySkillsLab R3.5. Then, they revised their midterm essay thesis and topic sentences. Next, they reviewed each topic sentence to ensure it was unified with the thesis. After that, they checked that each of their body paragraphs was unified.
- Enter the Edible Books contest on the 11th of April to earn bonus credit.
- Earn bonus credit by submitting your original poem or short story to e-Muse no later than the 30th of April.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them.
- Complete the assignments in MySkillsLab R3.5 before midnight on Wednesday, March 14.
- Read ‘Drug Abuse Among Athletes’ on pp. 476-478 in the Pearson MySkills Lab e-reader, In Concert, before Sunday, March 18.
What we will do in class on Tuesday, March 13 – Students will continue to revise their midterm essays.