What we did in class, today – Students wrote a response essay based on ’Human Traffic: Exposing the Brutal Organ Trade’.
- Donate five children books to the book drive for Syrian refugee children this week. They should be in Arabic. To receive credit, bring the books for me to log that you have donated.
- Earn bonus credit by submitting your original poem or short story to e-Muse no later than the 30th of April.
- It was announced that students can earn up to five percent bonus credit for going 10 times to the English Department’s Writing Lab (first floor in the library) for tutoring. They must take the bonus credit form with them.
Homework – Read ‘Among Dorms and Dining Halls, Hidden Hunger’ on pp. 117-119 in the Pearson e-text. It will be discussed on Tuesday, April 24.
- The writing part of the exit exam will be on Sunday, April 29. Students will write either a 500-word cause or effect essay or a problem-solution essay.
- The reading part of the exam exam will be on Tuesday, May 1. There will be two reading texts, with eight questions per text.
What we will do in class on Sunday, April 22 – Students will practice for the writing part of the exit exam.