What we did in class, today – Students practiced ‘speed writing’ paragraphs for a problem-solution essay to ensure that they can write 500 words in 50 minutes on Midterm 2, which is scheduled for Thursday, July 27.
- Read ‘Photojournalism in the Age of Media’ (pp. 468-472 in the Pearson eText) before Sunday, June 30.
- Complete any Pearson assignments you have not done. The last date to do this is June 30.
What we will do in class, Thursday, (June 27) – Students will write a problem-solution essay for Midterm 2.
- Writing Exit Exam – July 2
- Reading Exit Exam – July 3
- Conference Hours for Exit Exams – 9:00 a.m. – 9:50, July 4, in W5-201; 11:00 a.m.-12:50 p.m., July 4, in W1-170; 2:00-2:50 p.m., July 4, in W4-102.
For each 30-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab located on the first floor of the GUST Library, you will receive 0.5% extra credit per tutoring session if you stay the entire 30 minutes and if you work sincerely. You may receive tutoring with your writing assignments. To receive help with your writing assignments, you must bring a soft (electronic) copy of your rough draft on a flash memory as well as a hard (photocopy) copy of the rough draft. The English Department’s Writing Lab is normally open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. in N2-103 on the first floor of the GUS Library. The maximum extra credit you can earn is 5%. Your participation must be documented on the Bonus Credit Form for English Dept Writing Lab Tutoring. (This form is also available in MyGUST and can be downloaded from there.) June 27 is the last day to earn bonus credit in the English Department’s Writing Lab.