What we did today – After reviewing pp. 169-170 for organization of an argumentative essay, as a class, we analyzed the organization of “The Best Classroom” (p. 171) and reviewed how to write a strong thesis statement for an argument essay (p. 172).
Bonus Credit Opportunities
- For each 45-minute tutoring session in the English Department’s Writing Lab, students will receive 1/2% bonus credit, for a maximum of 5% bonus credit. (See MyGUST for details.)
- Students who attend the Quiz Show on Wednesday, April 6, at 12:30-2:00 in N1-012 will receive bonus credit. Those students who participate in the event will receive 1% bonus credit.
- For the reading section, students will take the Achieve3000 post-test on Tuesday, April 19.
- For the writing section, students will write a five-paragraph essay on an unannounced topic. Still will sit for the writing section on Monday, May 2, at the following times:
- Section 8 – May 2 at 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 in N3-201
- Section 55 – May 2 at 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in N3-201
- Write the introduction for Essay 3. Your rough draft should be finished before class on Thursday, April 7. Essay 3 – containing the final draft of the introduction – must be submitted to Turnitin before midnight on Thursday, April 7.
- Read “Dancing in the Water” and four other Achieve3000 articles of your choice. Complete the activities for the five articles and complete the thought question for “Dancing in the Water.” Your five Achieve3000 articles and thought question must be completed before midnight on Friday, April 8.
What we will do in class on Thursday, April 7 – We will revise and edit the introduction for Essay 3. Students will submit Essay 3 – containing the final draft of the introduction – to Turnitin before midnight on Thursday, April 7.